Do you have a ration card? If the answer is no then the next news is special for you. Today we are going to tell you how to get a ration card sitting at home. If you remember, during the Koro period, the Modi government worked to provide free rations to about 800 million people under the PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, which brought relief to the poor. However, only those who had ration cards were able to avail the benefits of the scheme.
If you still want to avail of ration at low price or you have to get ration card at government rate. You do not need to visit any government office for this. Because now the process of making ration card is done online. It may be mentioned that work has been done to create ration cards in two categories. BPL ration cards are made by the government for people living below the poverty line, while BPL ration cards are made available to people living above the poverty line.
These people can apply:
In India, a person above 18 years of age is entitled to apply for a ration card. Only one state must have a ration card. The names of a head and other family members are added to the ration card. It is to be mentioned that government offices used to have to go round and round for ration card. But now that the age of internet has come, you can apply for an online ration card sitting at home.
How to apply:
- To apply for a ration card, you can apply online by visiting your state’s food portal. For example, if you live in Uttar Pradesh, you need to visit the website https://fcs.up.gov.in/FoodPortal.aspx.
- From here you need to download the ration card form.
- To get a ration card, you need to provide Aadhaar card, voter card, driving license or any ID.
- After applying, you have to pay a fee of Rs 5 to 45.
- After submitting the form, it is sent for field verification.
- Verification is completed within 30 days.
- Your ration card will be ready as soon as this process is completed.
Document for ration card registration
- aadhar card
- PAN card
- Passport size photo of the head of the family
- Certificate of income
- Details of gas connection
- Caste letter
- Bank account passbook
- Mobile number